Help! Our bath toys are out of control! Well, not really but I need to find a better way to store Spencer's bath toys. Right now I just keep them in a plastic basket by the tub but that doesn't drain well and my basket is starting to look kind of scary on the inside! I really need something that will help drain the toys after they are used. I haven't had much luck with any toy holder that uses suction cups. So what is a mom to do?How do you store your kids bath toys? Have you found a container that works well for you? I have been looking at some online and have found a few that might work but I would really like to have some input. Leave me a comment and let me know what works best for your family! Thanks for your help!


4 comments:
I have tried the mesh bag that sticks on the bath tub, bad idea. It doesn't stick well and the toys weigh it down. I finally bought just a green plastic basket at Target in their $1 section. It works well because it has a handle and holes on it's side so I just tip the basket a little when I'm done to get the water out. It is a lot of fun for Parker because he can pick up his own toys when he is done and it is another toy in the bath. We just stick it on top of the toilet when we are done so that it isn't in the way when we shower.
I have the same problem. It is funny just this morning I thought How grose all my bath toys are. They are probably some sort of breeding ground making all my kids sick. So let me know if you find anything.
Here are your instructions for taming the bath toys: open trash can, insert toy, empty trash can into dumpster when full.
With 4 kids now I'm running out of patience for toys. I find they play with the same handful at bathtime anyway, so I've started getting rid of the ones that aren't used much any more. For the ones left behind, I basically do what Katie does. And periodically fill the tub with some hot water and bleach those bad boys.
don't do the green frog...over priced and SO big and bulky. I have found the mesh bag with suction cups work best. I only have foam bath toys, so it doesn't way it down. I don't buy any toys that can get water trapped in them, because that equals mold/mildew. I'm all about the simple way! Good luck!
Post a Comment