Monday, June 22, 2009

I Survived Girls' Camp!

This year I had the opportunity to go to camp with the young women from our ward as the Ward Camp Director. We left early Tuesday morning and came back Friday afternoon. I was a little apprehensive about leaving Spencer for that long since I have not been away from him for that length of time before. Of course he did great and had alot of fun hanging out with Dad and Grandma Shumway. I enjoyed being in the mountains and loved the beautiful scenery. It was a great experience. I even survived the 4 mile hike! (Somehow, even at only 25 years of age, I was feeling the difference from having done it when I was 15 years old versus now. Nothing like a hike to show you how out of shape you are!)

1st ward camp leaders

The whole 1st ward gang!

2 comments:

Campbell Family said...

Wow!! good job!! I think that would be a hard calling. I'm sure the girls loved you. :)

Katie said...

did you change wards?? i was all excited that i was going to see pictures of the old YW when i was there... i guess you moved into first ward though! looks like fun!