Saturday, March 27, 2010

The world through the eyes of a little boy...

Spencer gets SO excited when he sees the temple.
Even at the young age of 2 he realizes there is something special about it.

Spencer's current loves:
playing basketball
riding his bike
going to the park
trains (particularly Thomas the Train)
Multiple times a day he says "Play basketball, Mom?"

Other things Spencer loves:
reading stories
singing songs
animals
letters - particularly the letter 'S'
He likes to say "S is for Spencer!"
Questions Spencer frequently asks:
"What's this?"
(Although it sounds more like "Durse dis?" if that makes sense.)
"Mom, what happened?"
"Where my keys go?"
"Where my phone go?"
(a little young to be asking the latter two questions huh?)
Some of my favorite words/phrases that he says:
"Maybe..."
(It is just amusing to hear this come from a two year old)
"Oh goodness!"
When I tell him it is time to take a nap, he replies "No mom! I been last night!"
Spencer is convinced that the Easter bunny is bringing him a phone.
I am not sure where he got that idea.

Spencer's Favorite Songs:
The Spider Song = The Itsy Bitsy Spider
ABC's = The Alphabet Song
E-I-E-I-O = Old McDonald had a Farm
Clap Hands = If you're happy and you know it...
Child of God = I Am a Child of God
Popcorn = Popcorn Popping

Just within the last week Spencer has started telling me that things are scary. I am not sure where this new concept of scary things has come from but it could be anything from a person on TV to a dark hallway to a painting made with dark colors. It is amazing what kids pick up on.

We love Spencer so much and are SO SO SO grateful he is part of our family!

2 comments:

Natalie Benavides said...

ooo that is a really good picture of you and spencer! you look hot!

Carrie said...

What a cutie! I think my favorite of the Spencerisms you posted is "I been last night". Funny kiddo!