My life has been very full this past month. The pace of my life has been fast and furious. My anxiety level was creeping higher. I must admit I was beginning to have Scrooge like thoughts about the Christmas season this year. I had lost that magical Christmas feeling. But the past few days I have started to see glimpses of that magic touching my life again as I took some time to breath, reflect and relax. How can I not see magic when I watch my three year old son soaking in every Christmas moment? Here are some of those magical moments...

When he excitedly hangs ornaments on the tree...

Even as the ornaments are bunched together in the same 2 feet of space :)
MAGIC

When he asks me 3 days in a row to decorate his gingerbread house...and finally says, "Mom, it will make me SO happy to make my gingerbread house!" So of course I dropped everything I was doing and made a little time for some Christmas magic. How could I not?

Gingerbread houses... quickly becoming a favorite tradition.

Magic for a 3 year old = sitting on Santa's lap
He was so excited to see Santa! I think he asked me at least 4,679 times when he was going to see Santa (and that was all before 10 AM!).

He asked for a scooter... :) Love this boy!

And now for a little magic of my own!
Jeremy and I spent his 30th birthday on Saturday at a bed and breakfast here in town called
The Woodrow House. It was the perfect get-away for us. We were able to spend some time together without any stress or schedules.

We stayed in the caboose in the backyard of The Woodrow House. How can you not feel some child-like magic when getting to stay in a real train caboose?
Those moments this past week have definitely helped me to enjoy that Christmas magic again! Now if I can just finish my Christmas shopping... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment