Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Mommas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Painters..."

According to my father-in-law, that is the title of a new country song written by the Davis family after Spencer got into a pan of paint this last week. My father-in-law was painting the entryway and had a big pan of paint sitting on the floor. Well, unfortunately I was just a second to late to save Spencer from the paint! He is a fast crawler and had his whole arm in the paint before I could get to him. This is him sitting in the bathtub covered in paint. He looks mighty pleased with himself because he got to take a bath, which he loves to do!

This is Spencer after his bath - all cleaned up! Although his clothes never recovered from the paint spill :(

Since Spencer turned 1 he is now able to face forward in his carseat. He loves it! Although it makes for a more impatient child in the car since he can see me now and thinks I should be catering to his every need while driving! In this picture, he was quite pleased at the new direction of his seat - he was laughing.

Spencer has acquired a taste for some pretty odd things lately. He got into a bag of rawhides we have for the dogs and I caught him gnawing on one. I guess they are good for teething babies too!
Yum! Dog treats...

Spencer also enjoys gnawing on packages of crayons! We went out to eat with Jeremy's parents at TGIFridays and the waitress brought him crayons. I thought that was a little wierd since Spencer doesn't know how to color yet, but he enjoyed chewing on them through the meal!

I just love this cheesy little face! He flashed me his pearly whites so I would get him out of bed after naptime.

1 comment:

Brittney Smith said...

He is getting so big!! So Cute! Paint can be very scary!