Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our Adventures at the Shumway Cabin

We have spent the last week taking in the sights and cooler temperatures of Alpine, Arizona! Yeah, I know you are jealous :). Who can resist a trip that consists of hammock lounging, wildlife watching, 4 wheel riding, and relaxing while watching movies and reading - AND doing it in 70 degree weather as opposed to 98+ degrees? Here are some pics from our enjoyable trip:

SO Cute! I love the way Roxanne and Spencer are looking at each other.

One good hammock ride after another...

Our early morning trip to the Black River for wildlife watching and river wading. Yes, Spencer was still in his pajamas.


SO Beautiful!

I let Spencer wade in the river which resulted in one happy child, but one wet bum!

Can't forget the ATV riding! Spencer loved it.

Someday, I want to be just like Pa. Spencer tried on one of the helmets and could bearly keep his head up straight. Those helmets are heavier than they look! It was so funny trying to get a picture!

I love this picture - Spencer was watching the boys climb up some rocks during our picnic lunch.

Just my mom and me in the wildflowers - love it!

Lovin' the Cheetoes we brought for the picnic. I'm lovin' the orange lips...

Snoozin' with Pa - picknicking is hard work!

Snapshots of our wildlife excursions. Several times we went driving to see animals and were able to see wild turkeys, deer, elk, and cows (if you consider cows wildlife...they were Spencer's favorite of the whole trip. He kept asking where the cows were.). This is one of the few deer we were able to see. The elk seem to have taken over the land around Alpine so deer are hard to come by. We were pretty proud to see one!

Elk

Jeremy let Spencer steer the car on one of our wildlife rides. Big mistake! Spencer got a little power crazy and we had to pry him away from the wheel after we almost swerved into a tree. I think we will wait a little longer to introduce driving...

Family Pic

Taking a walk through the neighborhood

2 comments:

Brittney Smith said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Black River is beautiful!!

Campbell Family said...

Such great pictures! Glad you had a nice trip.