Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Know That My Savior Loves Me

I have been substituting in Primary these past few weeks and have been very touched by this new song the children are learning. The struggle of keeping Sunbeams (3 year olds) focused is never an easy one but it has been such a joy to see them learning this song. I am so grateful for the truths these children are learning in Primary. I am so grateful that they can have music as an anchor for their budding testimonies. I am so grateful to be able to sing these songs with Spencer as he grows. I think listening to Primary songs is one of the quickest ways to feel the Spirit. Here are the words to the song "I Know That My Savior Loves Me:"

A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me.

I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.

Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus.
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path ev’ry day.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.

I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.

2 comments:

Campbell Family said...

It IS a beautiful song, Nicole. I wrote about it in my post too. It takes a good woment to sub the sunbeams in Primary and STILL enjoy/get something out of Primary.

Bethany Thompson said...

i have the same feelings about this song... while having the jr kids sing it in primary i got tears in my eyes... it was so beautiful!