Monday, February 8, 2010

And The Winner Is...And Her Winning Recipe!

After randomly selecting a comment from the whopping number of comments (5) on my giveaway post the winner is...

Drum roll please...

Comment #1 - Casi Bludorn!

This giveaway was very technical. I drew the names from a hat :). I am sure there are more technical ways I could have selected a winner, but who can deny the classic, fool proof method of drawing from a hat?

Yay Casi! You are in for a real treat if I do say so myself! I will get your cookbook to you soon.

Thanks so much for all those who entered the drawing. It was fun to see what your favorite recipe is. I am always on the look out for more yummy recipes. Here is the favorite recipe Casi posted:

Sweet and Sour Chicken

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks (Or boneless, skinless chicken tenders)
a lot of cornstarch ( I didn't have Cornstarch, so I used Flour and they still turned out great!)
Enough oil to cover the bottom of a frying pan.

Preheat the oven to 325. Heat the oil in the pan on medium high heat, then what you do is you crack the egg into a shallow bowl and beat it. Add a little salt and pepper to it. Dredge the chicken in the egg and then coat the chicken with corn starch. Throw the chicken into the frying pan. Brown both sides of the chicken. Put the chicken in a baking dish.Then mix:
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c vinegar
4 T ketchup or catsup, whatever you prefer
1 T soy sauce
1/2 t garlic powder
Whisk it together then pour it over the chicken.Cook it for 45 min. stirring to coat the chicken with the sauce every 15 minutes.

I'll be honest, your house will smell like vinegar for the first half hour, but then, like magic, it will turn into a sweet, pleasant aroma that will have the neighbors beating down your door.

1 comment:

Casi Bludorn said...

Wow! I never win anything! Yay! I'm stoked!