Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter + General Conference weekend = One great combination!

Our Easter was spent soaking up the messages of conference, watching one excited 2 year old look for eggs, and eating yummy food with family. First, here are some pictures of Spencer's Easter morning:

Boy was the Easter Bunny good to him!


Finding eggs was even more fun when Spencer discovered there was chocolate inside!


The Easter Bunny came through and brought Spencer the phone he had been asking for. Still unsure where the phone idea came from...


After the Easter egg hunt, we went to my parents house to watch the first session of conference.

What a difference it makes when you take notes during conference! I have not taken notes the last several conferences and I noticed a COMPLETE difference as soon as I started writing things down this time. My appreciation for the principles being taught was deepend and the Spirit seemed to linger with me longer because I was taking notes. I highly recommend it to everyone. Take notes. It will change your conference watching experience.

Here is a little taste of conference goodness as recorded in my notes:

Sister Julie Beck (ALWAYS one of my favorites! That woman is amazing...): A good woman knows she doesn't have enough time to accomplish everything. Spend time in the scriptures everyday! I loved the Eliza R. Snow quote she used! You can read her talk HERE.

Elder David A. Bednar: (Loved his whole talk) His 3 "Holy Habits" for helping parents recognize spiritual early warnings with their children is truly inspired. You can read his talk HERE.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: "As we emulate His perfect example, our hands can become His hands; our eyes, His eyes; our heart, His heart. ...We cannot gauge the worth of another soul any more than we can measure the span of the universe. Every person we meet is a VIP to our Heavenly Father. Once we understand that, we can begin to understand how we should treat our fellowmen." Read his talk HERE.

Elder Neil L. Anderson: Have we taught our children the stories of Jesus? Do our children know that Jesus stands with open arms to receive them? Do our children know the miracles of Jesus? Speak more frequently about Jesus Christ! Read his talk HERE.

I noticed a very strong theme regarding parenting and teaching our children throughout this conference. Did anyone else notice that? I simply loved it! Just what I needed...


To follow up that great conference, I was able to visit the temple this week with my Activity Days girls. We only had 4 girls come but it was so special to visit with President Cluff, the temple president, and have him give us a tour of the temple grounds.

It was such a great experience and I was glad these 8 and 10 year old girls had this opportunity. I felt the spirit SO strongly and wanted to impress upon them how special this building is. They can be together forever with their families! This is where they want to be! This is worth working for! You can come here too! Make it your goal! I wanted to shout this out loud, but of course I didn't :) , so I just prayed they would feel those impressions too. Love those girls! I am so grateful to have a temple so close.

What an amazing week. I feel so blessed!

No comments: