Saturday, July 31, 2010

Catchin' the bug...

I've got the bug.
The garage sale bug that is.
Watch out.
It might be contagious!

Going to garage sales has definitely become one of my favorite Saturday morning past times. Nothing like some cash in my pocket, a coin purse full of quarters, a list of garage sales mapped out, and a couple of early morning hours all to myself. It is seriously addicting and provides quite a thrill. Not every Saturday is hugely successful. But boy when you score something amazing, it makes it all worth it. Here are some of my finds from the past two weeks:

My $10 china cabinet.
That's right.
10 dollars.
But you say, "Nicole, you don't have your own house to put it in!"
I know.
I just couldn't pass it up.
Did I mention it was $10?
Right now it is being stored in my parents' garage.
(The picture above is the bottom piece and the picture below is the top piece.)
It's a beauty, right?
This top piece is in serious need of some work!
Dusty, a broken pane of glass, a missing glass shelf, etc.
After thinking about it more in depth, I plan to resell the top piece.
I think a buffet would be more useful for me...
(I love what Thrifty Decor Chick just wrote about her china cabinet HERE!)

Here it is cleaned up a little.
I plan on painting the bottom piece though I have not decided on the color yet.
Any suggestions?

And on to some of this weeks finds.
This SUPER CUTE, just the right color, just what I have been looking for, $5 chair! I was so excited to find it in just my color! The man had it marked at $10 but when I asked him if he would take $5 he said YES! with no hesitation. Wahoo!

Other finds:
$1 airplane shelf
50 cent red clock
$2 silverware set still in package
(for my sister who is going to college next month)


Mmmmm! Garage Sale Happiness.
Nothing like a good garage sale high to end the week!
Do you like to garage sale?

(P.S. - I still haven't posted pics from our Arizona vacation. Bad blogger! I promise to get those up soon!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

long time stalker...I love to garage sale!! I think turquoise would be fabulous...if you have the right decor, but we found an ugly buffet that we painted high gloss black and it looks great!

Carrie said...

The garage sale-ing is all yours! JoAnn has been trying to reel me in for yours but I will not bite. However, I dig your finds and I'm glad you enjoy it! As for the buffet, I am loving the robins egg/Tiffany/turquoise blue that is so popular right now. I also love green and black (but not at the same time).