I got tagged by Natalie about 2 weeks ago and I am just now getting around to posting!
Here are the rules for this tag:
1: Each player starts with 8 random habits/facts about themselves.
2: People who are tagged need to write a post on their blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3: At the end of the post you need to choose 8 people to get tagged and list their names.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1. I LOVE HALLOWEEN! In case you didn't know... I also cannot resist passing up a cool Halloween magazine. I think I have purchased 3 different Halloween magazines this year. I walk past the magazine racks in the store and they just call to me!
2. I like to collect things. Over the span of my lifetime I have collected quite a few things (most of which I do not own anymore...takes up too much space!). For the longest time I collected keychains and I think I at one point I had over 100. I have also collected postcards, miniatures, and cool perfume bottles. I have an ongoing collection of Christmas waterglobes that my dad started for me about 8 years ago. I also collect nativity scenes for Christmas. I just recently decided that I would begin a collection of teddy bears - you know, the classic looking bears that come in shades of brown and tan (not the multi colored ones that are red, purple, pink, etc.)
3. I am a consultant for The Pampered Chef and have been for almost 4 years now. Although I am sure that many of you already knew that, I am always surprised to find people who have no clue. I guess you could say Pampered Chef products are my other collection since I own most of the catalog of products. If anyone is ever interested in having a Pampered Chef party, I am your girl! I just had to get that business plug in... ;)
4. I have never done any sort of color treatment to my hair. I almost had myself convinced to do highlights this summer, but I chickened out! I am afraid that I will become a slave to hair color if I do anything to it! I know what your thinking - that is so lame! I know...
5. The thought of running a marathon makes me sick! I know so many people who are training for/aspiring to run marathons and I don't know why I am not one of those people. Maybe it's because I hate running? I mean it seems like the "in" thing to be doing, a good thing for your health, and the scale says it could definitely be a good thing for my waistline, but no matter what I tell myself I can't get in to it. (However, I do admire all you marathon lovers out there! I wish I had the desire to be more like you...)
6. I love books/reading! I don't get to read very often anymore, but when I do it is fabulous! I really hope to instill in Spencer a love for reading. I think we are already well on our way to having him develop a love for books. I have caught him looking through books in his room on several occasions, even when he was surrounded by other toys. There is particular council that I love from President Hinckley. He says, "You know that your children will read. They will read books, and they will read magazines and newspapers. Cultivate within them a taste for the best. While they are very young, read to them the great stories which have become immortal because of the virtues they teach. Expose them to good books. Let there be a corner somewhere in your house, be it ever so small, where they will see at least a few books of the kind upon which great minds have been nourished."
7. I would pick going to the mountains over the beach any day! Maybe it is because I live in Lubbock where there are no mountains, but I just love the scenery and smell of the mountains. I am not a fan of saltwater and sand, and how it seems that you can never get it (the sand) all off of you. Sorry all you beach lovers... I vote for mountains.
8. I am crazy about pictures! Especially of my adorable Spencer! I have always loved taking pictures, looking at picture frames for pictures (another one of my collections), family pictures, looking at other people's pictures, organizing my own pictures, finding good photographers to take pictures, etc. A picture is worth a thousand words...
Now for tagging others to spend a ridiculous amount of time thinking of random things about themselves... I tag Amber, Mikasa, Katie H., Katie N., Kimberly M., Erin, Carrie, and Krista. Have fun ladies - I look forward to learning more about you!
2 comments:
Its about time hoe!! haha jk. i hated thinking of that many things too. DONT COLOR YOUR HAIR...or you will be like me! I am never satisfied. There is no going back for me now, save yourself. haha, i sound like an addict.
Is that tag for this Erin? I have been so bihind on blogging and reading my friend's blogs. Sorry Im so lame. I will do it the next time i blog which will prolly be this week. Thanks!
Post a Comment