Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Camper

This past weekend, Jeremy took Spencer on his first Father - Son campout with our ward (church group).

We had been talking about this campout for weeks.

Talking about how they were going to sleep in a tent ("Like Nephi!" Spencer kept saying. See 1 Nephi in the Book of Mormon when they arrive in the promised land...), roast marshmallows, make a big fire, and all manner of other camping activities. We even broke out his 'Happy Camper' shirt for the occasion.

This is how Spencer looked about 10 minutes before they left for the campsite:

See that scowl?

And giant crocodile tear rolling down his cheek?

Ahh! Finally a smile!

This is my little man in all his full man-camping glory!
I love it!
Just chillin' by the fire...

This was Spencer about 3 minutes after leaving the campsite.
Wow - camping sure is hard work.
(And he doesn't usually ride with his car seat strap about to choke him...
All I can say is mom was not there!)
My boys enjoyed their time together, I enjoyed the time without my boys :).
What did I do while they were gone?
Made a leisurely stroll through Hobby Lobby - the best store ever.
Went on a garage sale "$5 thrill" spree Saturday morning with my 2 sister-in-laws.
It was wonderful.
Nothing like a little me time to rejuvinate the soul.
They should have father-son campouts more often!

2 comments:

Campbell Family said...

I can't believe how big spencer looks!! He's so handsome. I REALLY miss hobby lobby.

Natalie Benavides said...

hahaha. so cute. I love the campfire picture. spencer is so grown up :(