Friday, October 30, 2009

Happiness in Amarillo, Texas

Last weekend we drove to Amarillo to visit Krista and the girls (Amarillo is about a 2 hour drive north of Lubbock). Spencer was SO excited to see "Addy B" (Addy and Brynlee)! We got to hang out with them all afternoon! Some of our happy moments in Amarillo:

This is the BEST bread ever and I am sad that Lubbock does not have one anymore!
I must say I was impressed by how nice the zoo was! And of course the kids loved seeing the animals.
Dinner at the Dalley's apartment
Spencer loved having time to play with the girls + Krista's yummy granola
Eating ice cream at Braum's
We had a great time in Amarillo! Here are some pics from our trip to the zoo:
Spencer and Addy

They love each other! And I love that they do!

Miss Addy

Spencer and Dad - I am loving the fall colors in the trees behind them!

So, leave it to my son to completely bypass the lion exhibit as he is yelling "COW!" There were three BIG lions that were pacing the fence line only 3 feet away from us! But Spencer saw the big Longhorn that was across from the lion exhibit and didn't even give the lions a second look. I am not sure where it came from, but his cow obsession continues on!

Looking at Spencer's favorite animal.

I never knew that seeing a cow could bring such happiness to a 2 year old face

The 3 stooges - I love it!

Miss Addy peaking at me down the slide.
They had a little play ground area for kids to enjoy.

Spencer and Miss B enjoyed the slide too!

Just enjoying some family happiness in Amarillo, Texas!

1 comment:

Casi Bludorn said...

This summer when I was in DC I lived right down the street from a Great Harvest. I LOVED it. So so good! I didn't know there was one in Amarillo, I may have to drive up there just for that!