Monday, January 19, 2009

Cold Feet, Warm Heart

I just have to say upfront, that this picture is not a picture of my feet. My feet do not look this nicely cared for. My toenails have not looked this good since...since...well I am not sure. Lets just say I could definitely use a pedicure (and before you judge me you might want to take a look at your own feet. Winter time can do bad things to feet that are cooped up in closed toed shoes.). But for blogging purposes, I was looking for a picture of some feet and came across a website full of pictures of women's feet! And then people could rate those pictures of feet! I thought it was incredibly creepy. I pictured weird people with foot fetishes spending hours looking at all these pictures of feet. So in summary, thanks to some anonymous girl for lending me a picture of her feet.

So now down to the point of this post - I am incredibly grateful for my husband. He loves me cold feet and all! When I get into bed at night and my feet are freezing (they usually are, and I hate wearing socks to bed.) I just have to snuggle close to Jeremy and place my feet on his feet, or his legs, and I instantly feel warmth! And at great sacrifice to his own warmth Jeremy allows me to do this with minimal protest. Although I do get the occasional grumble like, "that is unnatural," he continues to sacrifice for my comfort. Don't I have a great guy? Yeah, I know.

3 comments:

Casi Bludorn said...

I'm the same way, Jonathan hates it! ...but alas, his love is bigger than that, and he puts up with it. I think it's a girl thing.

The McEvilly's said...

Oh my goodness! I thought I was alone in the world... and so did Greg. Like casi said, It must be a girl thing!PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Catherine said...

That's so funny! I used to do the same thing to Rebekah when we shared a bed growing up, but she wasn't quite so willing to be my foot warmer. How'd you find a picture of my feet?