Thursday, January 8, 2009

Spencer's 13 month pictures

I am sure that between Natalie (my sister) and me, many of you will get tired of seeing pictures of Spencer all the time. Natalie is trying to get into photography and what better practice could she get than taking pictures of my son, her adorable nephew? And since I neglected to take Spencer to get his pictures taken when he turned 1, I figured Natalie could help me out (I am still mourning the loss of photographer and friend, Gaylene, and have had difficulty commiting to have Spencer's pictures taken by anyone else! Gaylene recently moved to California - Miss you Gaylene! You can view her amazing work here.). You can also see some of Natalie's recent work here or here. Shout out to Natalie for these great pictures of Spencer!

Spencer is just growing so fast! He is walking like CRAZY now and his technique has recently been dubbed the "mummy" walk. Spencer looks kind of like a mummy because he holds his arms straight out when he walks so he can balance himself. It is super cute if I do say so myself!

Spencer is also saying lots of words including the words ball, Tia (aka Natalie), cheese, rock (as in rocking chair), baby, dad, and 'COKE.' Yes, I know what you are thinking, he says COKE and he knows what is means too. Being the avid soda/coke drinker that I am, my child has developed a keen eye for any can, bottle, or cup that might potentially have liquid in it. In fact, I was holding Spencer at the store a couple of days ago and a woman walked by with a cup in her hand and Spencer pointed at it and said "coke" really loud. So loud that the woman stopped and laughingly said, "yes that's coke!" I was a little embarrased that my child knows what that is but what can you do about it? I guess that is payback for teaching my little brother to say 'coke' when he was young (in fact it was his first word!).







3 comments:

Natalie Benavides said...

Wow Nicole, thanks for the hardcore shoutout! Your kid IS adorable, and I will continue to take pictures of him whenever you want me to! And if my kids are ugly I can just use pictures of yours.

Gaylene said...

Oh thanks Nicole. That was so sweet of you and I miss you guys and Lubbock so much!! It looks like Natalie did a great job. He's a perfect little model!!


Oh and Natalie... YOU WILL NOT HAVE UGLY KIDS!!! LOL

Keep in touch-

Casi Bludorn said...

He is so cute! I love that second picture where he's got his mouth open, it's adorable!

I look forward to meeting with you!