Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! And finally some Christmas pics...

We want to wish you all a very happy, healthy, and blessed 2009!

I am a little later at posting Christmas pics than I would like to be... We had a great Christmas! We spent Christmas Eve at Jeremy's grandparents' house. There was a yummy Christmas dinner and lots of present opening. Spencer was not in the greatest mood since he did not get his afternoon nap but it was great anyway! Christmas Day morning, Jeremy, Spencer, and I, along with Jeremy's parents and brother opened stockings and presents from Santa around the Christmas tree. Then we headed to my parents house where we opened presents and had a great Christmas lunch. It was a wonderful Christmas and we are so very blessed to have our families close by to celebrate with!

I caught Spencer eyeing some of the presents under the tree. No peeking!

Spencer's new favorite word this Christmas is "Santa" (sounds more like "Tanta"). He now recognizes the jolly old man wherever we go and he particularly enjoyed my parents giant Santa statue that sings Christmas songs and dances at the touch of a button. Spencer also likes to shake his hips to a musical Santa that my mother-in-law has that dances to the song "Jingle Bell Rock." He sure does have some moves! That is all we have heard about the last several weeks - "Tanta!" "Tanta!" It is super cute!

Covered in wrapping paper after unwrapping presents on Christmas Eve. You can tell he is really tired by the look in his eyes...

The annual Davis Family Christmas picture.
This turned out surprisingly well despite the fact that we waited until the end of the night to take it and the kids (and some of the adults) had about had enough family togetherness!

Spencer got to unwrap one present before going to bed Christmas Eve.
And of course, as per tradition, it was new pajamas!

Modeling the new pjs

Playing with his kid-friendly nativity set.

This is the first present Spencer got from Santa on Christmas day.

Close up of all the loot! Santa was good to me this year! Maybe a little too good...

Unwrapping presents is hard work!

One more present to open at Grandma and Grandpa Shumway's house. I love that surprised look on his face! He received an activity table from Grandma and Grandpa and he loves it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Campbell Family said...

He is such a cutie! I'm glad that you guys had such a great Christmas! I can't believe he's talking! Fun, fun!

The Davis Family Three said...

Nicole, I just love your nice blog. I enjoy seeing Spencer in all of the

cute picture's you have of him. Just keep on trucking!

See ya, Munner